Review of Week 11

,
I would be remiss if I didn't mention the shenanigans in the Chargers-Steelers game last night. Clearly, the NFL makes way too much as a league to fix a game and it is exceedingly unlikely that somebody could get to the officials (though obviously, it happens). What is clear is that although the NFL publicly has an anti-gambling stance, they are acutely aware of what the point spreads are for individual games. I mean, unless they were really concerned about the 7th postseason tiebreaker.

Miami(FL) -4.5 @ Virginia Tech (2)

I really need to stop betting ACC games. How can there possibly be a contrarian edge when the whole conference has the same record?

Wyoming +6.5 @ UNLV (2)

All I knew about this game was that Wyoming sucked (which, by extension, tells you how bad Tennessee is) and that line was way too short.

Navy +4 vs. Notre Dame (3)

I don't actually care that I lost this game. Navy had no reasonable chance to cover and still managed a solid tease by getting two onside kicks in the last two minutes. Highly entertaining to watch. I'm sure my neighbors think I am a Navy fan.

Utah State +14 @ Louisiana Tech (2)

Utah State fired their coach today. That kind of sucks, since I've been riding the Aggie train for a few weeks now.

UL Monroe +22.5 @ Mississippi (4)

Strike one in my fade the SEC idea. However, I would like to note that I consider Ole Miss to be the 4th best team in the league this year. I'm hoping I get to be on them against a terrible LSU squad this coming week.

Kansas +14 vs. Texas (3)

I was feeling pretty crappy around 3pm on Saturday.

Auburn +9.5 vs. Georgia (3)

However, things started to turn around when Kodi Burns did not throw a pick 6.

UAB +3.5 @ Tulane (2)

And somehow I broke even minus juice in the earlies. So, yay, I guess.

New Mexico State +17 @ Fresno State (2)

[Ctrl+C]Fresno State is not a good football team.[Ctrl+V]

Air Force +3 vs. BYU (3)

Games like this always give me heartburn. Halftime score: AFA 14 BYU 10. Fucking Zoomies.

Troy +16.5 @ LSU (5)

I'm sure everyone who was near a TV Saturday night saw how this ended. I wasn't terribly surprised that Troy jumped out to a lead (though the magnitude was an eye opener), nor was I surprised that LSU came back.

Colorado +17.5 vs. Oklahoma State (3)

Pokes might be slightly overrated. The best thing on their resume is a close loss to Texas.

Washington +6.5 vs. UCLA (4)

I really, really, really to bet on the Apple Cup this week.

Seattle +3 vs. Arizona (4)

I am 1-9 in the NFL in November. I obviously know what I am doing.

2 comments:

Black n Gold said...

I can't wait for the Apple Cup (I made a comment on MoneyLine saying the same thing about wanting to bet on it). Here's hoping it's on TV somewhere in the state that is as far as away from Washington as any other.

Kunk said...

"[Ctrl+C]Fresno State is not a good football team.[Ctrl+V]"

Hilarious. Now 1-9 ATS this year. 67% still like 'em this week as a road favorite on that high grass at San Jose St. Must be due theory.

And here's the broadcasting info on the Apple Cup. Not only is Fox Sports Net covering it, they're producing it in HD!

http://mattsarz44017.tripod.com/2008/FSN1122.html