Review of Week 10

,
Before 5pm Saturday: 6-2-1
After 5pm Saturday: 2-7 and Penn State has no chance at the MNC

Solid.

On another note, as I suspected as soon as I decided to start flat betting, my records, while still negative, would be better if I was betting the proper units. I'm not sure if I should go back to unit betting or not. Thoughts are welcome in the comments.

Maryland +3 @ Virginia Tech (2)

Darius Heyward-Bey gave me hope for a cover in the 3rd quarter. Of course, when you bet on shitty teams, you rarely get backdoor covers.

Nevada -2.5 @ Fresno State (5)

I had thought the public would have learned their lesson last week about Fresno State. The Wolf Pack were such an obvious play.

Western Michigan +7.5 vs. Illinois (4)

It was a little surprising that I was the only one out of my contrarian friends to be on this game. I guess maybe it was one of those games that people wanted to play.

Kentucky +13 vs. Georgia (2)

My previous comment about backdoor covers is rescinded.

Purdue +9.5 @ Michigan State (2)

Purdue is coming awful close to the DNP list.

Utah State +35 @ Boise State (2)

Watching this game flash by on the ESPN ticker at the bar was excruciating.

Iowa State +9.5 @ Colorado (3)

Why was Colorado favored by so much here? I mean, both squads suck.

Nebraska -1.5 vs. Kansas (3)

In hindsight, I should have played this for a 5. The Jayhawks were one of the teams that I have had marked as a fade since the beginning of the season.

Baylor +27.5 @ Texas (3)

Miraculous cover by the Bears here. Baylor is looking like one of those contrarian looks every week at this point. The difference between their public perception and how good they actually are is pretty large.

Western Kentucky +17 @ Troy (3)

At the bar for this one. Surprisingly, a Sun Belt tilt didn't make it on any of the TVs.

Clemson +3.5 @ Florida State (5)

The spread on this game dropped from 7 early in the week to 3.5. In the end, it didn't matter, but Jonny and ML are starting to question the auto-play on these sort of games. It should spark some interesting discussion at the very least.

Cincinnati +7 @ West Virginia (4)

The 'Natti did everything they could to blow this game. Fortunately, Bill Stewart is not a good football coach.

LSU +3 vs. Alabama (3)

You really can't ask for more when fading the #1 team with a squad that had 50 hung on them two out of the previous three weeks.

Washington +14 vs. Arizona State (4)

That Husky defense sure was stout in the 4th quarter.

Houston -2.5 vs. Baltimore (2)

Not. Even. Close.

Oakland +9.5 vs. San Diego (4)

For chrissakes:

3rd-7, OAK44 4:26 M. Tuiasosopo sacked by J. Peppers. M. Tuiasosopo fumbled. K. Harris recovered fumble
4th-16, OAK35 3:34 S. Lechler punt. M. Jones returned punt for 55 yards

It's almost like half the Raider team is betting against themselves.

San Diego -15 vs. Kansas City (3)

Nice of Marmalard to throw two red zone picks here.

Philadelphia -3 vs. New York Giants (2)

I went to bed last night when it was 24-20 Birds and had no expectation of the Eagles actually covering. Good call.

0 comments: