2009 CFB Preview: Georgia Tech

,
The first of my futures selections turned out fairly well. In the best case scenario, which of course is what I am basing my ideas on (Flexbone, Johnson, Dwyer, blah blah square blah), Tech will only be dogs in Tallahassee and Miami early on in the season. I'll be feeling pretty good if they can get to 6-0.



The median probabilities are not exactly comforting, with average odds of just going undefeated working out to about 300-1.




On the other hand, the best case scenario has 44-1 chance of getting to the ACCCG undefeated, where they will likely be favored against FSU/Clemson. It's still not ideal, but there are worse sports.



Using median lines, under 8.5 wins is actually slightly +EV. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe I should have done these analyses before I went to Vegas.

1 comments:

Jonny said...

This also helps: http://tinyurl.com/lx4t34