Tuesday 4/14 - AM

,
Well, that was fun while it lasted. A special thank you goes out to MoneyLine for actively jinxing me yesterday. I probably won't sniff double digits again in the game. I'd gladly trade that for a few winning days in baseball, though.

Plays
None. I like Detroit, but the Tigers aren't even really close to being a play.

Leans
705p TB (Garza) -121 vs. NYY (Burnett)
1005p OAK (Eveland) +135 vs. BOS (Matsuzaka)

I looked through the projections of the two opposing pitchers. Other than Dice-K's walk rate being a little higher, are there a lot of differences between the two? It seems like if one is going to be a fade (Dice-K), then shouldn't the other, given their respective teams? Or has Burnett not been lucky enough yet, like Dice-K was last year?

Streak for the Cash
930a M. Safin more aces than L. Hewitt
245p Bayern Munich (win or draw) vs. Barcelona (UEFA Champions League)
Current Streak: 2

Look! A tennis prop I know nothing about. It's good to be back to zero.

Bayern Munich is an overwhelming favorite to win or draw this afternoon (JA 63%). I would play that game if I was back at 13.

In hindsight, I probably should have played Milwaukee last night once it became known that Orlando was sitting their stars. The line jumped to -7, but the Mets game had already started by the time I saw it. Oh well.

1 comments:

Vegas Watch said...

Daisuke Matsuzaka, 2008: 18-3, 2.90 ERA
A.J. Burnett, 2008: 18-10, 4.07 ERA

Matsuzaka PECOTA ERA: 4.32
Burnett PECOTA ERA: 3.88

There is, indeed, a slight difference in the perception-reality gap for those two. We actually played Burnett a few times last year, granted he wasn't on the Yankees then.