Review of Week 8

,
What an amazing NFL Week. I'm not sure I've ever gone undefeated in a day in a sport where I've played at least 5 games. So, yay, I guess. On the other side of the coin, college football continues to be a complete money sink.

West Virginia -3 vs. Auburn (3)
New Mexico +5 @ Air Force (2)

At 8:30p on Thursday night, I thought for sure the outcomes of these games would be flipped.

San Jose State +7 vs. Boise State (4)

The game was never in doubt, but it was the right play. Boise was moderately public and the line moved toward them.

Wake Forest +2.5 @ MiamiU (2)

Wake jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first. Then I took a hungover nap and saw they didn't score again. I'm not sure anyone can handicap the ACC.

Indiana +8.5 vs. Northwestern (3)

Last week, fade Northwestern. This week, fade Minnesota.

Duke +10 vs. Vanderbilt (2)

Do you think Ole Miss regrets firing David Cutcliffe? Duke has now won more games this year than the previous three combined. Which probably makes them another team to fade this week.

Baylor +13 @ Nebraska (4)

The Bears did everything in their power to blow the game. For as shitty as my record is this year, I sure have been on the right side of a lot hooks. It truly could be a lot worse.

Utah State +15 vs. Fresno State (2)

I was feeling pretty good at 5:30p Saturday afternoon. I was sitting at 4-1 for the afternoon.

SMU +12 @ Navy (2)

Sure, the Meth was bad.

Rutgers +9.5 vs. Pitt (2)

But, Rutgers was blowing out Pitt.

Michigan +3.5 vs. Michigan State (4)

And Michigan was up a touchdown on Sparty. Then Sparty took over and the evening plays were doomed.

Tennessee +5 vs. Alabama (3)
Washington +11 vs. Notre Dame (2)
Arizona State +3.5 vs. Oregon (4)

At least there was no suspense here. Blowouts that were over by the first quarter.

Arizona +15 vs. USC (2)

Arizona is a decent football squad. I think enough people missed this game that there is probably still some value in the Wildcats.

Central Florida +23.5 @ Tulsa (2)

Halftime Score: UCF 19 Tulsa 14
Final Score: Tulsa 49 UCF 19
By the way, I called the final when it was still 21-19. Prescient.

Miami -1 vs. Buffalo (5)

Buffalo was 5-1 and entering the game and getting a point. It doesn't get more obvious than this in the NFL. I'm just surprised that the Dolphins won.

Philadelphia -9.5 vs. Atlanta (2)

Andy Reid likes pissing me off. First, kicking the FG in San Francisco two weeks ago when he clearly should have gone for it to blow my Niners cover. Then, doing it again against Atlanta this week. Fortunately, Brian Westbrook ran for a fluke touchdown after a bullshit call on a punt that went against the Falcons. The gambling gods still owe me about six times over this season.

Arizona +5 @ Carolina (2)

Here we are again with another win by a point. It really amazes me that I feel like such hell about this season considering all of the close wins I have.

Houston -9.5 vs. Cincinnati (2)

I've got no problem wagering against the Bengals when they keep trotting out Ryan Fitzpatrick week after week. Of course, everyone else will have caught on to that this week.

Seattle +5 @ San Francisco (4)

Replace Bengals with 49ers and Ryan Fitzpatrick with JT O'Sullivan. Everything else still applies from above.

0 comments: