Why a blog?

,
There are a couple of reasons why I am writing this blog, in order:

1. It will help me as a gambler. By forcing myself to write out my methodology and reasoning, it should keep me from making stupid bets. I am already pretty good at this, but the difference between hitting 57% and 58% of your bets can be hundreds or thousands of dollars.

2. This is mainly for my friends and their friends. Not to sound cocky, but I know more about gambling than you do. A lot more. I've spent the last three years researching gambling methods and learning the hard way with my own money. Some people go to dinner parties, play games, read books, or invest in the stock market with their spare time. I gamble. This is one of those things that will be what you make of it. It could be another blog in the wasteland of the internet. Or, it could be educational for people. At the very least, I hope you come away with a different way of thinking about sports in general.

3. To help myself as a writer. This place could just be me posting my picks or, if you guys get involved by asking questions, insulting me, insulting each other or just posting comments, it could be a lot of fun. The better I get at writing, the more funny the posts will become, and it will just feed on each other.

There are lots of way to take the blog between now and the start of football season August 28th. It can just sit here and idle and I'll start posting my leans on August 26th, I can write a few posts about sports gambling and contrarianism, or I could write football previews. Ok, not the last one. Go spend $7 and get Phil Steele's magazine. He is better than I am at that stuff. In other words, post in the comments what you want to know and what you want to hear, and I'll try to put something up about it.

2 comments:

bubba0077 said...

I'd like to hear the sports gambling philosophizing...

AFFgirls said...

Think I got it.

Haha, told you it was for pron. Oh well. Message me with how many units you play with so I know how to present my MMA shit.